|Your safety is on top of our priorities, therefore, we are doing our best to look towards life after the gravest of the COVID-19 and not affect your plans. Check latest Covid-19 travel update for Saudi Arabia.|
Average flight duration
Average direct flight prices
SAR196 - SAR462
Saudia, flyadeal, flynas
King Khalid International Airport
Abha International Airport
King Khalid International Airport (IATA: RUH, ICAO: OERK) is located 35 kilometers north of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. It started services in late 1983.
It houses five passenger terminals, a mosque and a Royal Terminal, and serves as the main hub for Saudia and flynas.
The airport offers three lounges as well, Plaza Premium Lounge, Wellcome Lounge and Nasmiles Lounge.
Origin airport facilities
King Khalid International Airport
Destination airport facilities
Abha International Airport
Considering that the flight ticket price takes a huge part of your trip’s cost, cheap flight deals are your key to spend the perfect trip, as it is a prime step, like spotting the right destination, the right company or the right place for your accommodation.
Airlines tend to offer exceptional deals on tickets prices, whether you choose flying locally or internationally, directly or with several stops. Almosafer has it all, as we collect for you each airline list of prices to select from what suits you most for your trip plan!
1. Transit flights are a lifesaver, as direct flights are more expensive.
2. If you are having an international flight, aim for early booking as much as possible since airlines most commonly raise the ticket rates to cover their costs before departure time.
3. If you are late for making reservations, try to book after midnight, as you will find reduced prices for the seats that haven’t been booked yet.
4. Make sure to compare between flight aggregators and official airlines’ websites to guarantee the best deal.
First, if you choose to fly with flyadeal, you will pay for your direct ticket from Riyadh to Abha only SAR196 and you will get in return the most comfortable seats and the option to do some onboard shopping.
Fly on flynas as your second option for SAR221 and enjoy their starbucks coffee onboard, delicious main course meals, luxurious leather seats, a generous baggage allowance and Executive lounge access at selected airports.
If you pick Saudi Arabian Airlines, your non-stop flight ticket will cost SAR254, offering you the most spacious and comfy seats along with special monitors, international cuisine and giveaways.
Riyadh, which is the capital city of the kingdom and the largest city on the Arabian Peninsula, is now one of the most outstanding and flourishing cities, especially after the discovery of Abqaiq field in 1940.
This city houses right in the centre the country’s top museum that is seen as a heritage place relating the kingdom’s genesis story, besides some of the elite hotels and finest restaurants in the country.
The city is mostly a business destination.
Abha, or as called the queen of Saudi cities, houses the headquarters of the regional Governorate and capital of Asir region. The city is located within the Sarawat mountain range at the southwestern part of Saudi Arabia at an elevation of 2270 m above sea level.
It is considered a magnificent mountain retreat and holiday spot for people from across Saudi Arabia and the other Arabian Gulf countries due to its spectacular mountain scenery, cool climate, fertile soil and moderate rainfall.
Abha is being transformed into a major tourist attraction, housing 5-star hotels, furnished tourist villas and modern motels. As a full-of heights city, visitors can spend their time moving between mountain parks amidst a hospitable Arab atmosphere.
Abha, one of the Kingdom’s treasures, is not the coldest of regions in Saudi Arabia, but is certainly one of the coolers regions in the Holy country, where the temperatures are mild throughout the year with average temperature of 21°C in the summer, that become noticeably cooler during the “low-sun” season to reach 15°C in the winter.
Unlike other parts of the country, Abha and the adjacent region are exposed to rain, which clarifies the reason behind the huge industry of agriculture.
Therefore, Asir Province has two rainy seasons, one in March and May and the second one is in July and August thanks to the Indian monsoon that reaches the southwest of Saudi Arabia.
Almosafer advice with the very best time to go to this marvelous city is in June and from September to October.
Lodge at La Fontaine Ronas Abha Suites, a 3-star hotel, offering fully equipped suites and apartments, along with Wi-Fi and free parking. This hotel will give you easy access to Abha Palace Theme Park, Abha Cultural Arena and Muftaha Palace Museum.
You can stay in Boudl Abha instead, a 3-star modern hotel, providing the guests on one hand with restful rooms that include a separate living room with sofa and a well-equipped kitchen, along with free Wi-Fi and a sauna. On the other hand, it will give you an unforgettable shopping experience, as it is situated within the Abha Mall Complex premises and close to Al Rehana Mall.
Stay at Shafa Abha Hotel, a 4-star hotel, that features two swimming pools, a nice restaurant, a lounge and a business centre. You will also be surrounded with multiple amazing parks, such as Al Andalus Park, Abu Khayal Garden Park, Reservoir Park and Waterfall Park.
If you would like to try a 5-star stay, then Abha Palace is definitely the one for you. This hotel provides an airport shuttle to its guests as it is only 10 minutes away from Abha Airport, well appointed spacious rooms, suites with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Al-Sad Lake and surrounding mountains and sightseeing tours.
Abha, the capital of Asir Province, has the sixth largest population in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is known for being the highest large city of Saudi Arabia at a height over 2 200 meters, some parts of the city being even around 2 400 meters.
The city seldom experiences temperatures exceeding 35°C which makes it a popular holiday destination for expatriates working in Saudi Arabia as well as for the Saudis.
For travelers seeking a mind-blowing winter weather adventure should plan a trip to Abha, gateway to Jabal Sawda, the highest point in the nation.
In the following, you will discover top 10 sightseeing not to-miss in Abha.
1. Asir Regional Museum is situated in the city center next to the Emira Palace that was built according to Asir architectural tradition, telling the long history of Abha and Asir Province and displaying some of the province’s traditional handicrafts, along with antiquities of Asir Province.
2. Al-Muftaha Museum is a few hundred meters from the Al-Muftaha Village, a cultural center built according to the standards of Asir traditional architecture. It houses a hall of plastic arts and shops where the handicrafts are sold.
3- Shada Palace was built in 1927 and was originally the headquarters of the Emira of Asir Province. It is a brilliant example of the traditional architecture of south Arabia, and it is being renovated into a museum showcasing old planting and household tools, coins, several manuscripts and photographs of life in Abha in the second half of last century.
4. Al-Habala Valley, about 20 minutes' drive from Abha, is called 'Hanging Village' because the only access then was by climbing ropes. The villagers used ropes and pulleys as a mode of transport to trade with the nearby town or to bring back items they had purchased. It is much simpler now with the cable car connection.
5. Jabal Al-Sooda or Black Mountain, the highest peak in Saudi Arabia, which stands at 3.3km high. It is the site for the paragliding competition held every summer during the Assir Festival.
The origin of Black Mountain's name is a mystery but locals believe the name is based on the dark Araar trees that grow all over the mountain and the dark clouds that appear above it.
6. Asir National Park, taking up a space of 450,000 hectares of land and sea, was set up in 1976. The park houses Jabal Soodah and the misty mountains with its dense and pristine forests that are homes to a variety of rare floras and faunas. You can enjoy bird watching, hiking, mountain climbing and picnic and camp sites among other activities.
7. Old Mosques. Abha and the region are filled with several old mosques dating back as far as 70 AH (690 CE). Some of the famous mosques are Sadrid Mosque, Jahwah Mosque built on the top of Mount Akran in Mana’a, and mosque of Thurban.
8. Basket Souq or bazaar, from which you can get favorite souvenirs, is a treasure trove of colorful handmade baskets from reeds and vinyl by local women.
9. Cable Cars in and around the city, with four cable car networks, take tourists to Al-Sooda or Black Mountain, Al-Habala, New Abha and Lake Saad.
10. Abha dam, a 300 meter dam, exists on the west of the city to prevent possible flooding. In addition to protecting the population the dam has generated a one kilometer long lake with unexpected and beautiful landscapes in the city, where the blue of the lake contrasts with the city and the green vegetation of the area.
1. What is the baggage allowance on Saudia for the direct flight from Riyadh to Abha for Economy Class passengers?
The baggage allowance on Saudi Arabian Airline for your non-stop flight from Abha to Riyadh is one checked baggage, and one carry-on luggage of 7kgs in weight.
2. How much does an Economy/Business class ticket cost for Riyadh to Abha direct flight on Saudi Airlines?
The Economy class ticket for Riyadh to Abha flight on Saudia Airline costs SAR255. However, the Business class ticket costs SAR1,002.
3. What are the average prices for a direct flight from Riyadh to Abha on flynas for Economy class passengers?
flynas tickets usually range from SAR196 to SAR462.
4. What other similar routes does Almosafer provide from Riyadh?
Almosafer provides other routes from Riyadh, like, Riyadh to Jeddah, Riyadh to Dubai, Riyadh to Cairo and Riyadh to Abha.
5. What is the helpline number of Abha International Airport?
The helpline number of Abha International Airport is +966 07 224 6011.
6. What are the most prominent shopping malls in Abha?
The most famous shopping centres in Abha are Abha Mall, AlRashid Mall, Aseer Mall, Oasis Shopping mall and Rihana Mall.
7. What are the facilities of Abha International Airport?
Abha International Airport has different amenities, such as, a cafeteria, shops, ATMs, car rent service, a 24-hours lounge, luggage wrapping service and travel agencies.
8. What are the nearest hotels to Abha International Airport?
The closest hotels to Abha International Airport are Abha Airport Hotel, Abha Crown Hotel Suites, Mercure Hotel Khamis Mushayt and Shafa Abha Hotel.
9. Does Abha International Airport offer duty-free shops?
Yes, you will find duty-free shops inside Abha International Airport that sell different types of products.
10. What are the airlines that serve flights from Riyadh to Abha?
The airlines that serve flights from Riyadh to Abha are flyadeal, Saudi Arabian Airlines and flynas.
Disclaimer: All fares are subject to availability at the time of booking.
When you arrive Abha you will be landing in Abha.
Best rate for flights from Riyadh to Abha is Flynas, flyadeal & SaudiGulf Airlines.
The cheapest day that you can book a flight from Riyadh to Abha is Friday.