- Carry on baggages (Hand carry bag)
It is a type of luggage that passengers are allowed to carry along in the plane’s cabin. Each airline has specific rules and dimensions. We recommend checking the list of prohibited and accepted items in the carry-on baggage.
It is also called cargo baggage. Each airline has its own rules for the dimension and free weight allowance. It is not allowed for passengers to keep it in the cabin, yet it is transported in the cargo area of the plane.
If you will travel with your infant, you may bring the baby’s infant onboard. It is one standard-sized bag (for items an infant may require during the flight).
if your baggage has a special shape or weight, it will be a special baggage such as Bicycles, golf bags and large musical instrument
Everything you need to know about SAUDAI Baggage Allowance
- The maximum weight for the baggage is mentioned in each table according to your class, yet in case of excess baggage weight, you will charge per piece.
- The standard dimension should not exceed 158 cm. In case of exceeding the ideal dimension, additional fees will be charged
- Excess baggage is not allowed for infant tickets in all classes on domestic and Flight routes
- All tables are illustrating the free baggage allowance which may be changed according to operating conditions. You can get the actual allowance of free baggage during the booking process.
- In case of flying on A320, any extra piece will be 23 kg for all classes.
- Extra baggage allowance fees are calculated according to the extra weight and dimensions. You can learn more about it and buy an extra baggage allowance from Saudia official website.
- Extra cabin baggages are allowed under specific conditions and dimensions
- For Renal Kidney Failure Patients please check the baggage allowance
- Passenger with Elite/ Elite Plus (Alfursan Silver/Gold) are allowed to add free baggage which doesn’t exceed 23 kg on domestic flights and 32 kg on international flights.
Free Carry-On Items
- An Overcoat or Wrap
- An Umbrella or a pair of Crutches
- A pair of binoculars
- A small camera
- Laptop/small smart electronic devices: (tablets - smartphones)
- Ladies handbag, pocket book or purse for the ordinary use only otherwise will be considered as checked baggage
- Reading Materials
- Infants food for consumption in-flight
- An infant carrying basket
- Any devise or items useful for the Special Needs Passengers can be stowed in the cabin compartments
Charges for extra baggage of Sport Equipment
- Exceeding the standard dimensions will charge you USD 100
- Starting from 205cm (80 inch) to a maximum extent 300cm (118 inch) will cost you extra USD 67
- Exceeding 300cm (118 inch) or have extra weight (32 kg), will be accepted in the Cargo.
- Exceeding the standard dimensions will charge you SAR 100
- Starting from 205cm (80 inch) to a maximum extent 300cm (118 inch) will cost you an extra SAR 100
- Exceeding 300cm (118 inch) or having extra weight (32 kg), will be accepted in the Cargo.
Each airline has its own list of prohibited items, check the below-prohibited items on Saudia onboard.
General prohibited items
- Firearms, ammunition, swords, and knives.
- Explosives, incendiary materials, flammable, toxic substances, and compressed gases.
- All liquid materials, gels, toothpaste, liquid cosmetics, and perfumes.
- Cigarette lighters in both hand baggage and inspected luggage.
Prohibited Checked-in baggage items
- Lighters/ Lithium battery/Flammable Items.
- Mobiles , Notebook, Backup power, Power pack, Power case , Power Bank , Radio-controlled toy ,or any Rechargeable Items, Nail Polish , Mouse etc).
- Gold, Jewelry, and Cash Money.
- All food product, and beverages inside checked in baggage.
Allowed Items on-board according to Saudia policies
- A must Pre-flight notice for Saudia’s team, in case you carry musical instruments/sports tools / medical equipment that weight over 32 kg
- You can check in with one gallon (doesn’t exceed 5 liters) of ZAMZAM water from Sogia factory from Prince Mohammed Bin Abdulaziz Airport
- Departing from other airports either on domestic or international flights (except King Abdulaziz International Airport Terminal 1), you can carry one gallon as part of your free allowed baggage
- Electrical devices are allowed according to the standard dimensions and weight
- Sport equipments are accepted within the accepted dimension and weight limit. It should be wrapped in special cases
Oman Customs Law and Regulation has declared a new list of prohibited items
- Alcohol in restricted quantities
- Controlled Drugs and Medicines
- Cash amount exceeds Rials Omani 6,000
- Electric Stun guns Batons, cattle prods and the like
- Counterfeited Tobacco and its derivatives
- Transparent fishing nets and using Crossbows & Spearguns
- Wireless Communication Equipment and Bugging Devices
- Telescopic sight for firearms
- All types of weapons
- Items controlled by the Cites convention, including ivory and Rhinoceros horn
- Remote controlled Aircrafts and Helicopters
- Children's Toy Guns and all items similar to weapons
- Arms, Ammunition and Explosives of all kinds
- Night-vision Goggles
- Radioactive Equipment and Material
- Immoral CD's and Magazines
- Night - vision Goggles and Laser Pointers
- Military Uniforms and Camouflage Clothing
- Walking sticks and canes with concealed blades
*All of the above information is updated according to SAUDIA Baggage allowances.
*The content of this page is professionally articulated and accurately reviewed by Almosafer's editorial team to ensure that the content is always up to date and accurate.