- Carry on baggages (Hand carry bag)
It is a type of luggage that passengers are allowed to carry along in the plane’s cabin. Each airline has specific rules and dimensions. We recommend checking the list of prohibited and accepted items in the carry-on baggage.
It is also called cargo baggage. Each airline has its own rules for the dimension and free weight allowance. It is not allowed for passengers to keep it in the cabin, yet it is transported in the cargo area of the plane.
If you will travel with your infant, you may bring the baby’s infant onboard. It is one standard-sized bag (for items an infant may require during the flight).
if your baggage has a special shape or weight, it will be special baggage such as Bicycles, golf bags, and large musical instruments
Egyptair Baggage allowance policy on International Flights
Adult Passengers and Children
*Maximum Dimensions Per Piece for checked baggage is 158 cm centimeter/ 62 in
Infants baggage allowance policy on international flights
- Infants are allowed on all classes (except USA& Canada) to have one piece with a minimum weight 10 kgs kilograms/ 22 lbs and one 1 fold-up collapsible stroller
- Infants are allowed on all classes (To/from USA & Canada) to have one piece with minimum weight 23 kgs kilograms/ 50 lbs and one 1 fold-up collapsible stroller
Egyptair Domestic Flights
Adult Passengers and Children
Egypt air Frequent miles (Egyptair plus) baggage allowance policy
Star Alliance baggage allowance policy
- Maximum Weight Per Piece for business Classes is 32 kgs kilograms/ 70 lbs
- Maximum Weight Per Piece for economy Classes is 23 kgs kilograms/ 50 lbs
- Maximum Dimensions for all classes are 158 cm centimeter/ 62 in
Infants baggage allowance policy on Domestic flights
- Infants on Domestic Flights are allowed to have one piece with minimum weight 10 kgs kilograms/ 22 lbs and one 1 fold-up collapsible stroller
Excess baggage policy
- The overweight must not exceed 32 Kgs and the oversize must not exceed the 203cm
- Overweight (24-32k) is charged as 50% of the extra piece price.
- Oversize: more than 158cm (Total sum of Lenght +Width+ Height) /62 inch till 203cm is charged as 50% of the extra piece price.
- Overweight and oversize is charged as 100% of the extra piece price.
- Extra piece, overweight and oversize is charged double price of the extra piece.
- Excess baggage is accepted subject to space availability.
- Please arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before your normal check-in time in case of possessing excess baggage.
- Currency exchange may affect the amount to be paid.
- Applicable taxes are not included in the prices.
- Our check-in facilities will close 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of the flight.
- Passengers who exceed the weight limit will be asked to repack their excess baggage into smaller units and pay the appropriate charges before the check in.
Aviation authorities listed all prohibited items to maintain the level of safety during flights such as:
- Samsung Galaxy Note7
- Compressed gasses (flammable, non-flammable and poisonous) such as aerosols, camping gas.
- Explosives, ammunitions, fireworks and flares (except sporting firearms which doesn’t exceed 5kg of ammunitions per passenger and a max of 2 rifles).
- Ethologic agents (chemical reagent).
- Flammable liquid and solids such as (lighter, matches, paints, thinner).
- Corrosives ( such as acids , alkalis, wet cell batteries … etc )
- Knives, daggers, swords...Etc
- Oxidizing material (bleaching powder...etc)
- Radioactive material
- Miscellaneous hazardous goods (such as mercury, noxious materials, magnetized materials or offensive material)
- Briefcases with installed alarm devices or that are lithium battery operated.
- According to the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) – SAFO (Safety Alert For Operators) its recommended that the e-cigarettes and related devices must be carried in the carry bags not in checked baggage.
- Recreational Mobility Devices such as self-balancing hover boards are PROHIBITED on board Egyptair flights as checked or carry on baggage
- For customers traveling to or from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, it is prohibited to carry the following medicine (such as Tramadol, and the lebraks and Rovamesan) which are included in the list of drugs, so as to avoid the arrest and deportation of their respective holders.
Higher value declaration baggage For the country of Spain
When a passenger presents luggage for which they wish to make a declaration of special value
check-in, the regulations set out below will apply
- Passengers must arrive at check-in with sufficient time to allow for:
- Opening of luggage of special value
- Signature of the excess luggage ticket document
- Verification of the existence of the objects to be covered by the declaration
- Locking of the luggage
- Luggage Valuation:
- Its valuation must exceed 1,000 special drawing rights (the approximate equivalent of 1,200 euros).
- Declaration values may not exceed US$5,000 (or the equivalent thereof) per passenger.
- A fee of 0.5% of the value declared by passengers will be applied and an excess luggage ticket will have to be issued.
Duty-free bag policy
- Duty-free liquids purchased from any airport or airline may be carried as hand luggage.
- Your duty-free liquid and receipt must be sealed at the time of purchase inside a security bag with a red border
- Don’t open the security bag until you arrive at your final destination
- The security officer may need to open the security bag for screening. In case you have a connecting flight at another airport, please alert the security officer so your duty-free liquids may be re-sealed in an extra bag.
Sports and musical equipment:
There are specific conditions to be shipped on board. Please check the Egyptair allowance policy for Sports and Musical instruments.
- ARCHERY EQUIPMENT’S
- BIKE, FIREARM/ LASER GUN
- FISHING EQUIPMENT
- GOLF EQUIPMENT’S
- KITE / KITE BOARD
- SCUBA EQUIPMENT’S
- SNOW / WATER SKIING EQUIPMENT’S
- SMALL SURFBOARD / PADDLEBOARD LESS THAN 2M
- FILM EQUIPMENT’S
- You can bring your small musical instruments in cabin Such as small Guitar, Violin, Violas, Piccolos, Flutes, Clarinets, Trumpets, Oud… etc. Please check Egyptair policy to know conditions for each.
- Larger musical instruments such as Cellos, Guitar, saz , Kanoon,… etc.) are accepted as checked baggage because of their size, shape, weight and length in the aircraft compartment, in case of the instrument is not matching the ideal size or weight, passenger should book another seat.
- Musical instruments exceed 32 KGS or 203 Cm, will be accepted as cargo
*All of the above information is updated according to Egyptair Baggage allowances.
*The content of this page is professionally articulated and accurately reviewed by Almosafer's editorial team to ensure that the content is always up to date and accurate.