Almosafer’s Top picks for you!
Check out the latest travel, safety and entry requirements for Greece.
Stay in Mykonos... The Island of the Winds
Spend a summer vacation before it’s too late in Mykonos island. Also known as Hora, it’s a Greek island located in the Cyclades group in the Aegean Sea. With 25 beaches in Mykonos, no wonder it’s internationally renowned for its summer party vibes. Still, the island is relatively small in size. In other words, its iconic landmarks and most glamorous beaches could be explored in a couple of days. It, thus, is an excellent choice if you're tight on time as you can easily find hotels in Mykonos through Almosafer.
Your Guide to a Memorable Trip
Most Popular Attractions to Visit in Mykonos:
- Paradise Beach: It's literally the beach of dreams. Its golden sands and clear waters are conclusively incomparable. The beach also holds a dive center, camping resort, and club. All of them are easily accessible through the public buses from Fabrika station to Paradise Beach.
- The Windmills (Kato Milli): It’s a row of windmills that date back to the 16th century sitting on a hill right above Mykonos town. The picturesque view over Little Venice makes it a wonderful spot for photoshoots.
- Archaeological Museum of Mykonos: There, you'll see funerary stelae and pottery. They're mainly sourced from their cemetery in the islands of Rineia and Delos. For the periodic exhibitions, they display a collection belonging to contemporary art. However, the highlight of Mykonos’ landmarks is the famous statue of Hercules in Parian marble. Dating back to the 2nd century, it's a remarkable piece of the small yet well-preserved collection.
- Castle Panigirakis: Touch the Greek culture while enjoying the vibrant views. You may also go for a picnic or a cruise in the Mediterranean Sea. Overall, it’s a beautiful quiet place that would help you clear your mind from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- HOFA Gallery (House of Fine Art): Get ready for the strings of emotions you’ll experience when vesting HOFA Gallery. It showcases unique pieces belonging to contemporary art by famous artists.
Most Popular Activities to Do in Mykonos:
- Safari: Adrenaline junkies wouldn’t want to miss the jeep safari and wild tours of Mykonons’ hidden corners and rural areas.
- Culinary & Gourmet Tours: The Good Life Concierge, Traditional Fishing Tour Mykonos, and Fykiada Retreats are the best food tours spots in Mykonos.
- Cruise & Sailing: Cruise trips are offered all the time, during the day, lunch, dinner, and sunset. In case you're more into relaxing activities, sailing trips are also available. Similarly, sunset watching is very pleasing on various beaches like Agios Ioannis beach.
Most Popular Restaurants in Mykonos:
- Top-notch Fine Dining Restaurants: Taste the traditional Greek food at one of Mykonos' fancy restaurants, M-eating. Moreover, Jackie O' Mykonos serves delicious seafood dishes, while Kalita should be your choice if looking for vegan or gluten-free options.
- Budget-Friendly Restaurants: Oregano and Pepper Mykonos offer Greek and Mediterranean flavorsome dishes as well, but at lower prices.
Plan your Itinerary and Learn About Mykonos Through our FAQs
Q. Is Mykonos open for travelers?
A. Mykonos is open for travelers. Yet, Greece requires certain documents to be presented upon arrival. These documents may vary according to the country of origin, but generally, they include:
- A vaccination certificate
- Unvaccinated travelers should show a negative PCR test, done 72 hours before entry
For more details, check the travel updates for Greece before planning your trip.
Q. When is the best time to visit Mykonos?
A. If you're planning to spend a long trip, consider visiting Mykonos between September and October. Given the island's location, the weather is moderate all year long. However, these specific two months are less crowded every year with a reasonable decline in rates. On the other hand, June is the most crowded month of the year, so try to avoid it.
- How to make sure that the hotel I choose follows Covid-19 safety protocols?
- The ‘Covid-19 Safety Info’ filter provides users with a list of hotels in Mykonos that apply related safety protocols.
- What are the types of properties available for booking?
- Book hotels in Mykonos on Almosafer as you can find an abundance of properties, such as aparthotels, hotel apartments, guesthouses, villas, and hotels.
Disclaimer: All fares are subject to availability at the time of booking.
*The content of this page is professionally articulated and accurately reviewed by Almosafer's editorial team to ensure that the content is always up to date and accurate.