Almosafer’s Top Picks for you!
Check out the latest travel, safety, and entry requirements for Seychelles.
Mahe Island … The Jewel of the Indian Ocean
Mahe Island is the largest and most famous island in Seychelles. On this island, you will be dazzled by the beauty of nature, from its towering mountains to beautiful sandy beaches. Mahe Island is considered an excellent choice for spending a honeymoon. Tourism is regarded as the first income to the island. We guarantee an unforgettable trip to Seychelles between historical places, museums, and diving sites. Al Mosafer offers excellent deals on the island, which will help you to spend the best time on your visit.
The Full Guide to Mahe Island Trip:
Most Popular Attractions to Visit in Mahe Island:
- Morne Blanc - Mahé: Experience the glory of this mountain while hiking through breathtaking Morne Blanc - Mahé. Enjoy the spectacular views across Mahé’s western seaside.
- Victoria Botanical Gardens - Mahé: One of the most significant landmarks of the Island. Discover this botanic garden with plenty of green plants and trees. The botanical garden offers visitors a patch of rainforest and giant tortoises.
- Morne Seychellois National Park - Mahé: Enjoy the uniqueness of the largest natural park in Seychelles. Take an opportunity to visit the splendid landscape and see a wide variety of habitats and coastal mangrove forests.
- Seychelles National Library - Mahé: This historical building was constructed in 1910. Over the years, it was renovated and extended into more specialized benefits such as the Children's division the adult reference section.
Most Popular Activities to Do in Mahe Island:
- Museum Tours: You can learn a lot from visiting the museum. Discover the city's history and enjoy wandering between the art gallery and exhibition showing ancient fossils. You can take a souvenir from the gift shop.
- City tours: Experience the beauty of this island between famous landmarks and the lovely nature, which attracts many travelers annually. The Island is the perfect destination for a family-friendly visit.
- Water activities: Discover Mahe island water beauty and pamper yourself with various water activities. Mahe Island is home to some of the world's most beautiful diving sites. Enjoy scuba diving, surfing, snorkeling, and sailing in the stunning blue sea.
Most Popular Restaurants in Mahe Island:
- Top-notch Fine Dining Restaurants: Treat yourself to exquisite French dishes while enjoying breezy weather at La Grande Maison - Mahé. The restaurant offers the finest services and the most delicious dishes on Mahe Island that you shouldn’t miss.
- Famous Restaurants: Del Place - Mahé is unquestionably the best restaurant to enjoy seafood dishes on Mahe Island.
Plan your Itinerary and Learn About Mahe Island Through our FAQs
Q. Is Mahe Island open for travelers?
A. Seychelles allows traveling from most countries. However, a vaccination certificate plus a negative PCR are required for all travelers. For more information, make sure to regularly check the latest updates, especially before booking your trip.
Q. Which hotels in Mahe Island follow Covid-19 safety protocol?
A. Savoy Seychelles Resort & Spa, and Constance Ephélia are among the hotels Almosafer offers that follow the necessary measures. Also, you can check the 'Covid-19 safety info' filter to get all the available options.
Q. Which hotels in Mahe Island offer a free cancellation policy?
A. Hotels offer a free cancellation policy until a specific date is Savoy Seychelles Resort & Spa, and Constance Ephélia.
Q. Which hotels in Mahe Island have pleasant scenery?
A. Story Seychelles and Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa provide a great view of the Indian Ocean.
Q. How much does a night cost in Mahe Island hotels?
A. A night can cost you anywhere between SAR 339 and SAR 4,090, depending on the star rating of each hotel and the provided services.
Q. Which hotels in Mahe Island have a restaurant on-site?
A. The popular hotels in Al Khobar that have a restaurant on-site are Four Seasons Resort Seychelles and Kempinski Seychelles Resort.
Q. What is the nearest hotel to Seychelles International Airport?
A. Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel is the nearest hotel to Seychelles International Airport. This property is 25 minutes away from the airport.
Q. What are the hotels that provide car rental services in Mahe Island?
A. Story Seychelles and Kempinski Seychelles Resort are the hotels that provide car rental services in Mahe Island.
Q. What is the best time to visit Mahe Island?
A. Mahe Island is known for its tropical climate; therefore, you can travel every season.
Disclaimer: All fares are subject to availability at the time of booking.
*The content of this page is professionally articulated and accurately reviewed by Almosafer's editorial team to ensure that the content is always up to date and accurate