Check the following procedures for a comforting trip. We have collected the necessary information to adjust the appropriate weight for your British Airways baggage allowance.
The following entails one-way flights for one passenger:
- Check-in up to 2 pieces of luggage with a weight not exceeding 32 kg and according to your flight ticket.
- Checked baggage must be well packed and secured with a tag containing the passenger’s name, full address and telephone number.
- Checked baggage must not include valuable items, for example, money, jewelry or any business documents.
- Travelling with an infant, you can carry one piece of checked baggage with a maximum weight of 23kgs. This does not apply if you are only traveling with your infant on hand baggage fare.
- All checked luggage with medical supplies needs to be supported by an official medical letter.
90 x 75 x 43cm
56 x 45 x 25cm
40 x 30 x 15cm
up to 2 pieces
up to 2 pieces
up to 2 pieces
Check out the following guidelines for hand baggage allowance:
- The baggage should not exceed the maximum size to fit the overhead locker.
- In addition to your main hand baggage, you can carry one laptop bag or a small lady's handbag (not exceeding 40 x 30 x 15cm).
- All airport purchases (gifts and duty-free items) count as hand baggage allowance.
- Electronic devices on board must be turned off, protected from unexpected activation and not re-charged during the flight.
- On busy flights, you may be asked to check in your additional cabin bag, so make sure you have no medication needed during your flight.
- Passengers with checked baggage exceeding the allowance stated will be subject to excess baggage fees per bag and no bag should exceed 32 kg.
- Additional baggage is unreachable online, from call centers, and at the airport on flights to and from Algiers.
- On a one-way flight a heavy bag charge is 65 GBP / 75 EUR / 100 USD / 100 CAD.
- Passengers flying from a country using local currency can only pay using a credit or debit card, cash is not accepted and the GBP amount will be converted to the local currency.
- To ensure there is enough room for your excess baggage you must check in at least 90 minutes before your flight departs.
- Use the British Airway calculator to get the guide price for excess baggage on your flight.
- If you want to adjust your additional bags, you must cancel your purchase and make a new one.
*Excess baggage rates are applicable to change according to currency exchange rates. Please check the purchasing transaction sent via confirmation email.
Restriction Items on hand/checked baggage
- Liquids, gels, and creams can be carried as hand baggage packed in containers of no more than 100ml. All items are to be put in a single, transparent, re-sealable plastic bag of up to 20 x 20cm.
- Toiletries such as hairsprays, perfumes, colognes, and non-flammable, non-toxic aerosols for sporting use are allowed as checked baggage with a weight of 500g and a maximum volume of 500ml.
- Passengers can take up to 5 liters of alcoholic beverages between 24% - 70% alcohol volume in either checked baggage.
- Alcoholic drinks with more than 70% alcohol volume are prohibited.
*For a full list of things you shouldn’t bring, please check out British Airways Conditions of Carriage.
British Airways Special Baggage:
- Sports equipment can be carried as checked baggage if it meets the size and weight and not within the restricted items.
- Passengers with full checked baggage will need to check the excess baggage allowance.
- Sports equipment heavier or larger than the maximum checked baggage weight/dimensions must be shipped as cargo.
- Non-motorised pedal bicycles are permitted on checked baggage and must be packed properly inside the box.
- Passengers should make a call at least 72 hours before departure to make sure there is space available on the aircraft.
- The bike inside the padded case should not exceed the dimensions of 190 x 95 x 65cm. The handlebars should be fixed sideways and pedals should be removed.
- Passengers traveling with diving equipment will need approval at least 24 hours before the flight.
- Diving equipment can be packed as checked baggage if it doesn’t exceed the maximum size and weight.
- Skiing or snowboarding equipment is permitted on checked baggage as long as the bag is within 190 x 75 x 65cm.
*There is certain accepted sports equipment on the aircraft. Check the full list of sports equipment baggage essentials.
For more information, please refer to the official British Airways baggage policy page.
Disclaimer: All fares are subject to availability at the time of booking.