Curieuse National Marine Park

A bio-reserve, this island is is 2.86 square kilometres in area, and is part of the Inner Islands Group of the Seychelles Islands. Owing to the red coloured soil on this island, it was formerly called the Red Island. The name was changed to La Curieuse by the French in 1768. It is recommended to arrange a day trip from Praslin Island to this attraction.

Fun fact

In an attempt to make harvesting the Coco de Mer nuts easier, sailors set fire to the island in 1771