Qasr Al-Mshatta

Built by the Umayyads during the reign of Caliph al-Walid ibn Yazid in 744 AD, this palace was discovered by the traveller Layard in 1840. Constructed with limestone and grilled bricks, the palace is surrounded by a square wall and circular towers. People visit it to enjoy the history of geometric artifacts and travertine decorations in the entrance.

Fun fact

A facade of Qasr Al-Mshatta is preserved in the Department of Islamic Arts at the Pergamon Museum in Berlin